Do you have to rely heavily on 3rd parties for IT system support? Is this causing a lot of unplanned IT costs and longer turnaround time on your requested changes than you would like? The right solution could be a dedicated in-house resource to serve as your IT Business Analyst.
The Role of a Business Analyst within your organization can do the following:
- Blend technical and functional knowledge to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Provide dedicated management of system issues and report requests, allowing business users to focus on their roles and responsibilities rather than analyzing system issues, while also reducing 3rd party IT support costs
- Design enhancements to reduce 3rd party development costs
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors on code changes and then work directly with the business users to ensure testing is complete and accepted before changes are made in the live environment
- Manage software upgrades including testing and migration to the live environment
- Design and develop reports in collaboration with application end users
- Execute special projects with management oversight.
- Examples include:
- Automating internal controls
- Improving integration between systems
- Assisting with acquisitions and divestitures
Your organization can see immediate benefits such as:
- Cost Management by reducing your reliance on contractors and 3rd party vendors
- In-house technical knowledge of your solutions and data
- Improved internal support processes
- Increased flexibility. Resources are available to reconfigure applications to support new business requirements as your business changes from year to year
Resources can support one system or many systems, depending on the complexity of the application and the number of end users.
Visit our System Support service line page to Learn more about how EAG can help you transition to this type of support model and address your IT and business needs.